Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, request to be a Carrier or a Freight Source, log into your Channel19 account, submit or accept a Load request, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include name, company name, email address, phone number, payment information, insurance information, service ratings and reviews, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect When You Use the Services:
When you use the Services, we collect additional information about Load requests and how they are fulfilled, including the following:
- Freight Sources: If you are a Freight Source and submit a Load request, we collect certain details related to your submission, including the date and time of your request, origin and destination addresses, description of the cargo being transported,rate, and other information about the Load.
- Carriers: If you are a Carrier, we collect information on your bids on Load requests as well as information about your acceptance and fulfillment of any Load requests, including vehicle and driver information.
- Drivers: If you are a driver transporting cargo on behalf of a Carrier, we may collect information on your travel to fulfill a Load request. We also collect information about your location and about files you upload as described below.
Providing Services to our users requires the collection of precise location information. When you download and use our mobile applications, we will ask for permission to access your precise location. If you grant our mobile applications permission to access your location through the permission system used by your mobile operating system, we will collect the precise location of your device. We use this information to track Loads, and also to understand your typical driving patterns to offer Carriers jobs that are more likely to be relevant to them and their Drivers. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address or phone number. We may also receive information about your location from third parties, such as the Freight Sources and Carriers involved in fulfilling any Load request.
Our Services may ask you to photograph and upload to the Services certain documents related to the fulfillment of a Load request, such as certificates of insurance and other legal documents, bills of lading, and proofs of delivery. You may also be able to upload pictures of cargo that you carry. To do this, our mobile applications will request access to the camera on your device via the permission system used by your mobile operating system.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services:
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser or app version you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device and app identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Use of Information
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly. These third parties include, but are not limited to, verification services (for instance, to confirm your insurance or regulatory compliance status), credit bureaus, and publicly available sources.
We use the information we collect in order to provide and improve our Services, including to connect Freight Sources with Carriers, match Drivers with Load requests, facilitate transportation of cargo, process payments, and confirm delivery. We use your phone number to call you and send you SMS messages about potential and current Loads. We may also use information about you for other purposes, including to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, opportunities, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Channel19 and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Channel19 and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
Sharing with Other Users of the Services
Depending on how you use our Services, we may share information about you with other users of the Services. For example, if you are a driver, we share your name, vehicle information, precise or approximate location, and certain contact information (including phone number) with Freight Sources involved in the Load request you helped to fulfill. If you are a Freight Source, your name or company name and your instructions, address, and contact information will be shared with drivers who will transport your cargo. Certain documents and information that you submit to our Services in connection with a Load request, such as feedback, may be shared with other users. If you submit driver ratings and reviews, this information may be shared with other users of our Services.
We may also share information about you with other third parties, such as:
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Channel19 or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Channel19 and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Channel19 takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.